Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Teen Scuba Diver Chases All Seven Continents


Most kids are just getting over their fear of cooties at age 11. Others have slightly more innate ambition.

Mostly nerves.

That's what then 11-year-old Evan Bozanic felt as the boat neared Antarctica.

"I heard stories about how dangerous it was," says Evan, now 13, of Fountain Valley. "I wanted to see if it was that bad."

In a way, he'd been training for this since he was a four-month-old infant.

That's when he first submerged underwater in an open bell helmet Dad designed. Early on, Evan learned to swim and snorkel and scuba dive.

Now he hoped to become the youngest person ever to dive off Antarctica.

Continue reading...


Bookmark and Share

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I am really impressed with this kid...such big dreams at such a young age. If he ever decides to dive in Africa, I suggest he approach the dudes at
Just Scuba . They are the scuba experts this side of the world. I will definately be following his progress.

Neutral Dive Gear said...

Tanks for stopping by, Michelle!

dive shops said...

Hi!!This is really nice. I am so happy to get knowledge for dive shops. The main thing is this Every dive shop provides training for open water certification. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Glad to get knowledge for dive shops. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Scuba Diving

james brownn said...

thanks for the tips and information..i appreciate it..

Scuba Diving in Cabo

Peter said...

Appreciate this. I am really excited about our papua new guinea scuba diving trip

Kate said...

I want to experience this in papua new guinea diving. I will forward this to my family.

Her Lovely Heart said...

Goood blog post