Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Miss Indonesia Feels Connection to the Sea, Compelled to Help Conserve

And we're cool with that.

In fact, we're cool with just about everything Miss Indonesia does.

With her celebrity status, Miss Indonesia 2005 Nadine Chandrawinata could become a messenger or ambassador for any cause she wants.

But the 24-year-old actress and model said she wanted to be an ambassador for coral reefs because she is a ocean lover.

“I have some kind of connection with the sea. If I fall in love or if I’m feeling blue, I will go to the sea. The sea also gives me inspiration and ideas. So I think I have to do something for the sea,” Nadine told The Jakarta Post on the sidelines of a national meeting on coral reefs in Jakarta on Wednesday evening.

Her concerns for sea conservation has seen the international environmental organization, the World Wildlife Fund, choose her as its ambassador for marine conservation. Wakatobi regency in Southeast Sulawesi province has also chosen Nadine, who is a certified diver, as its eco-tourism ambassador.

Continue reading...

Hat tip: Dive Photo Guide

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great diving ambassador! Thanks for this post. I enjoy reading your blog.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

Neutral Dive Gear said...

"What a great diving ambassador! Thanks for this post. I enjoy reading your blog."

Thanks, Phil! And we enjoy the Dive Sports Blog!

Keep diving!

><)))'>